Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hi, my name is Buddy.  I am a ten year old golden retriever.  I have a brother named Lou.  We like to bark and dig up the lawn.  We usually walk with Mom and Dad every morning.  Lately, they haven't been walking us.  Dad and Mom cry a lot.  We just dig up the lawn...

Mom went to see her oncologist last week.  Oncologist is a big word that means vet for humans.  Her vet says she has chronic lymphoma.   That means her blood is f**ked up.  She had the same problem two years ago.  She went to the hospital for treatments every month.  But her cancer came back.  That's what chronic means - you can't get rid of it - like luggage.

I am fine - that means- F**ked up, insecure and emotional.  Mom and Dad are so sad lately.  I don't know what to do.

Next week Mom goes in for another check up.  Her platelets are low.  Almost to the point where she might bleed spontaneously.  I'm really proud that I know what that means since I am just a 92 pound dog who is scared of everything.  Especially losing my Mom.  I sleep with her at night even though Dad says I crowd the bed.  I don't care because my job is to keep her safe.  If I can keep the cancer away from her I am staying on the bed.  Dad lets me stay and my brother Lou thinks I am dumb.  I don't care.  I love Mom and I will do everything I can to take care of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment