Friday, September 20, 2013

Chemo session delayed

Mom met with her oncologist today with Dad, the old duffer.  Her doc was very optimistic that Mom is responding well to the treatment, however, her bone marrow is slow to recover.  So treatment is delayed at least one more week.  Mom thought that would be the case, so she made plans to see Jim and Kristin at a house in Scotts Valley where they will be dog/house sitting.  It kinda pissed me off because Lou and me are not welcomed there so Sharon will be watching us.  We love Sharon, but it is not the same as having Mom at home.  We hope they have a good time because we love them, but would rather be home as a pack barking at the neighbors.

Mom is doing good.  She has gained some weight because Dad makes zucchini bread which she loves and helps her regain some of the pounds she has lost. Dad made another batch today and took one of the loaves to the doctor.  Doctor Kushlan was touched as she accepted the still warm bread fresh from the oven.  Dad was glad to hear that Mom is winning the battle.

Dr. Kushlan told Mom that she may only prescribe four treatments this go round, rather that six, which made Mom very hopeful that she is on her way to some good years with Lou and me and, of course that old duffer Dad.  It looks like Mom will outlive me, which means I will live beyond my years in Mom's heart.  That is what a dog lives for more than anything else, to have a legacy of love.  I love Mom so much and I know she loves me more than any dog ever.  My life is fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment