Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mom has skinny bones

Mom went in for a blood test on Friday to see if she is ready for the next round of treatment.  Her white counts did not change much, so she will not start on Monday as hoped.  Mom asked to postpone at least until October 14th so she can participate in an important work offsite.  I guess Mom's bones are too skinny to tolerate treatment, so she has to wait.  Lou and me, we love Mom so much, so we are glad to have her felling good while the weather is so gorgeous.  Today mom and Dad set out chairs by the pool so they could sit, sip wine and listen to Jimmy Buffet.  Lou and I laid at their feet which was absolutely bucolic.

Dad has a birthday coming up.  The duffer will be 56 on October 1.  So what?  Lou and me, we will be 70 in dog years on Halloween.  Dad will never catch up to us.

Mom and Dad were so happy today.  I hope they get lots more years to enjoy and love each other.  I love Mom so much.  It was really good to see her so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment