Thursday, August 1, 2013

Away from her

Mom had a business dinner last night so it was just us guys, Lou, Dad and me, at home without Mom.  I was really missing her and worried that the cancer or germs could get to Mom without me there to protect her.  She came home at almost 10 PM, which is Mom's normal bed time.  She stayed up with us for a while after changing into casual clothes because she missed us too.  We sat and talked as a family in the family room which Dad has utterly torn apart for painting.  Then I got one of Mom's walking shoes that she lets me chew on and went to bed with Mom and Lou.  Dad came up later and made me get off the bed so he had a place to sleep.  He still let Lou stay on the bed because he says Lou knows how to share the room versus me who is a "bed hog".  I don't look, sound, or act like a hog at all.  I like bacon, though, so pigs are okay as long as they are only at the grocery store or butcher shop where Dad buys bacon to fry up at home.  Mom will be home for dinner tonight.  I hope Dad finishes painting the family room before she comes home so she is comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment