Saturday, August 3, 2013

Blood markers improving

Mom and Dad went to see Mom's oncologist Friday afternoon while Lou and I stayed at home bored as ever.  Mom had gotten her blood taken that morning before going to work so the doctor could check progress since her first treatment.  The doctor was gushing that Mom had responded really well to first treatment.  Her white blood count went from 120 thousand to 3 thousand with healthy white cells on the rise indicating that Mom's marrow is in strong recovery.  Her platelets had improved too along with the disappearance of swollen lymph nodes.  A really good report.

Mom and Dad then went to the Rosewood for a drink and to relax after, which meant that Lou and me continued to be bored, so we dug up a few plants from the garden and I stole some juicy tomatoes to hold me until dinner.  When they got home everyone was so happy that it made Lou and me absolutely wild with excitement.  Let's have more good days like this.

Mom will go in for another meeting with the oncologist on the 14th of August.  Then she will have her second treatment the 19th and 20th.  She and Dad plan to go to Sausalito the 16th through the 18th to celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary.  They are looking for someone to babysit Lou and me that weekend.  I hope it is someone fun who will give me treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment