Sunday, July 21, 2013

Feeling normal

Mom rested this weekend quite a bit which she needs to fight the cancer.  The weather was mild and the gardens gorgeous at home.  Mom wanted to get outside so she worked in the gardens for a few hours then she and Dad sat on the love seat by the pool reading this afternoon.  It was idyllic so I laid at Mom's feet and let sun warm both of us.  This is life at it's best.

Mom and Dad went up to their suite for a bath for about an hour then made love on their bed.  Mom was tired, but she wanted to make love to Dad because it makes her feel normal.  It gives her a sense of purpose and makes Dad appreciate her.  Dad was very grateful afterward.  I was just bored because it meant they were too busy to pay attention to their dogs.  Afterward they fed us canned dog food, which, by the way, I love more than anything.  It wasn't normal for us like it has been, but it is bringing us to a new normal.  If it makes Mom happy, then we are all happy.

Why does Mom have this disease?  She is wonderful, everyone loves her.  she has so many friends many of whom have been friends since she was young, like six.  Yet she has this disease that may kill her and she isn't even sixty yet.  Why? It makes Dad sad so I push my head into his crotch so he pets me.  I love Dad but I really love Mom.  She exercises and eats right, but then she gets cancer.  Why?  The world is a better place with Mom in it, so many people believe that and want Mom to be okay.  Dad is losing it.  Someone help him, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment