Thursday, July 11, 2013

Please help

Dad put me on a diet because he says I'm a "lard-butt" dog.  Now I'm not just always hungry, now I am really, really hungry all of the time.  To compensate, I snuck down to the garden this afternoon and ate a bunch of tomatoes that are sweet and juicy.  Then I found two plums on the ground that Dad missed, so I feel much better about myself now.  I have to keep up my strength to help Mom through her treatments!

Mom is having a tough time dealing with having to return to treatment so soon after having gone through it just two years ago.  CLL is a cruel disease that doesn't go away no matter how good you eat, how much you exercise, how many people love you, or how beautiful you are.  It sucks.

Mom talked with her Aunt Mary last night.  She told Aunt Mary that she starts treatment again on Monday.  Mary just brushed it off as if it is no big deal.  Mom was crushed.  Although Mom is always bubbly, sometimes she is also sad inside but doesn't let it show.  She wants to feel like people care about her and are supporting her no matter what. When the chips are down, like they are now, Mom wants people to step up.  She is very critical of how other people support her at this time.  She wants to know that she matters.  Aunt Mary failed the test.

Dad is trying his best.  But he's a boy like me and doesn't always know what to say.  I am a dog so I just wag my tail and snuggle Mom to make her feel better.  It seems to help.  I just wish I had more to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment